with Alverta Dyar
This virtual (online only) basic math class covers operations on natural numbers, integers, rational numbers (fractions), decimals and percents. Multi-step problems using the correct order of arithmetic operations will be stressed. Correct mathematical format and language will be covered as well as the context in which the math can be used. Calculators will be used after the student is well versed in the process of solving the equations.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Add, subtract, multiply, divide integers and rational numbers written as decimals or fractions, and will use exponents.
2. Perform combinations of operations on integers and rational numbers
3. Distinguish equivalent forms of numbers and numerical expressions from different ones.
4. Write integers and rational numbers in canonical forms
5. Solve percent, ratio, and proportional word problems using a contexual approach
The teacher (avatar) will be in the center for students on Wednesday 3:30pm-4:00pm and Thursday 11am-noon. Of course, students will be able to email, phone or google hangout with the instructor as scheduled throughout the year.
Wed for 14 weeks from 3:30 - 4:00 pm
Virtual Learning Center
577 Mount View Rd.
Thorndike, ME 04986 Get directions